Updated: Apr 9
1 Cup butter softened
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
1 TSP vanilla extract
2 Cups all-purposed flour
1/4 TSP salt
Fir Tip Glaze
1 TSP of Balsam Fir Tips (powder)
1/4 Cup of cream
1 Cup of icing sugar
1.Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment or other liner.
2. Beat the butter until fluffy, then add vanilla extract & sugar until smooth.
3. Add flour, salt and juniper berries and mix until just combined.
4. Shape dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 15 minutes.
5. Roll out dough onto floured surface until 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shape with cup or cutter.
6. Place on baking sheet and refrigerate for 15 minutes
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges start turning golden brown.
8. Cool on cookie sheet.
9. While cookies are cooling start the glaze by combining the Balsam Fir Tip powder and sugar then slowly, whisk in the cream until smooth.
10. Once cookies have cooled glaze and let the glaze dry before storing or serving.